Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Biggest Mistake Teaching Pastors Tend to Make – And How To Correct It

The nave of a Scandinavian stave church

Jesus didn’t tell us to teach students, he commanded us to make disciples.

If you are a teaching pastor, I have a gift for you. I’m going to share one of the most important lessons I’ve learned in 35+ years of pastoral ministry.

It happened when I recognized that I was committing what is probably the biggest mistake most teaching pastors make.

But first, some background.

In the last three months my title has changed from Lead Pastor to Teaching Pastor, but I’ve been a teaching pastor all my ministry – over 30 years and counting – no matter what my title happened to be.

I love to teach God’s Word. Verse-by-verse, subject-by-subject, or principle-by-principle. So I share a deep appreciation for the vital role teaching pastors play in the body of Christ. Read More

No comments: