Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Five Reasons “Followship” Must Transcend Leadership


It seems that everywhere I turn these days for information and inspiration, the emphasis is on leadership. Books on leadership make up a sizable portion of the Christian non-fiction market. Blogs on the subject abound. A recent Facebook posts screams: “The church is desperate for good leaders.” No doubt that’s true; yet I submit to you that the church stands in greater need of good followers.

I figured I was on to something when recently coming across this quote from Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy: “To excel at leadership you must first master followership.” Cathy’s long-time associate and President of the company Jimmy Collins turned what he learned into a recent book titled, Creative Followership.

With that in mind, I believe that “followship” must take precedence over leadership if the church expects to maximize its influence and growth. Here are five reasons why. Read More

No comments: