Tuesday, August 01, 2017

4 Key Practices to Launch and Sustain a Vibrant Church


It really seemed to bug some people. “Does it bother you that there are churches on three of the four corners at this intersection?” they would ask with a tone that implied they felt three churches were simply too many.

I knew what they were getting at, so I would overdramatize my response: “Yes, it does bother me. I am trying to figure out how we can get another church on that fourth corner.” This comment would often lead to an interesting conversation about how many churches are too many.

The real answer to the question is a resounding, “No.” As the world becomes more secular and people wander further from God, the need for vibrant, biblical, loving churches becomes more and more urgent. I would love to see more churches in every community around the globe.

Throughout three decades of church leadership, I have had the privilege of being part of a church restart, a church plant, the launch of a new church campus and the start of a Spanish congregation. I have served on staff at a church of more than 10,000 worshippers in Southern California, and at a small, country congregation in western Michigan. Through these experiences I have learned many key practices that help launch and sustain healthy churches. Consider these four as you grow your church. Read More

No comments: