Saturday, January 28, 2017

Four Ways to Remember to Pray for People


It’s one of the most pervasive Christian lies: “I’ll pray for you.” Sure, some of us remember, but many of us do not. I’m certain most of us have good intentions. Then we forget.

Perhaps the word “lie” is too strong for any one instance. But if we consistently tell people we’ll pray and never do, then we’re lying. I’m guilty of this lie, likely more than I realize. In the moment, my intentions are good. I want to assure the person. I want them to know I care. Then I forget. I’ve done it more than once.

Prayer is a critical spiritual discipline. Forgetting to pray demonstrates a lack of discipline, like the person who thinks about exercise but never follows through. A good thought without an action plan is unproductive. Even worse, when you forget to pray, you’re not only putting a damper on your own spiritual life, you’re potentially doing the same for someone else.

In the last couple of years, I started looking for ways to remember to pray for people. Below are four methods that help me. Read More

No comments: