Tuesday, September 27, 2016

3 Reasons Leading Volunteers Is a Great Test


I believe that leading volunteers is truly a great test of one’s leadership. In many ways, leading volunteers is the ultimate test of one’s ability to lead others. When I interview someone, I don’t only look for their work with “paid staff”; I pay close attention to their history leading volunteers. I have hired people from the local church to lead large teams at LifeWay because I believe their ability to build and lead teams of volunteers would easily translate into leading a team. On the flip side, many leaders in companies are only able to direct people because of positional authority and title and not because they are able to influence people toward a compelling direction. Here are three reasons leading volunteers is a great test of one’s leadership. Read More

No comments: