Monday, August 15, 2016

Where to Find News Reports and Commentary on the US Presidential Election - UPDATED


Here is how I have been searching for news reports and commentary on the US presidential election to post on Anglicans Ablaze. I have been going to the Google News page and starting with the US edition, scanning the page for articles. If I find a promising article, I click to see any related articles. For example, if you go to Google News US edition this morning, you will find this breaking story:

The Daily 202: Can Trump chairman Paul Manafort survive new Ukraine revelations?

If you click to see related articles, you will find these articles:

REPORT: Ledger reveals Trump's campaign chief was earmarked $12.7M from pro-Russian interests in Ukraine
Trump's campaign chairman fights back against report detailing pro-Russian payment ledgers
Manafort blasts NYT, denies he accepted Ukraine cash payments

I recommend reading several articles on the same story for additional details. Each article may also offer a different perspective. When you visit a page to read an article you may wish to check the page for links to additional articles. For example, on the page on which I found the preceding article, I found links to these articles:

Trump hires the B team
Trump’s free-media trap
Trump: I've stayed true to myself
Pollsters: Trump approaching zero hour
The GOP establishment strikes back

After I have searched the US edition, I search the Australian, Canadian English, Irish, and UK editions. I have often found articles on these editions that did not appear in the US edition. After I have checked a particular edition of Google News, I will check it again.

I have been regularly checking these sources for new articles every 2-3 hours. Articles will often appear, disappear, and then reappear.

Today's checks have so far produced these articles:

Sorry, WSJ Editors, Trump's Not Going Anywhere
Fix campaign or step aside, Wall Street Journal tells Trump
Even Donald Trump’s Supporters Are Telling Him To Release His Tax Returns
The 9 Stages Of A Trump Statement
GOP Operatives Aren’t So Sure That Trump Even Wants To Win
Donald Trump’s Terrorism Plan Mixes Cold War Concepts and Limits on Immigrants
Trump proposes ideological test for Muslim immigrants and visitors to the U.S.
Manafort named in Ukrainian probe into millions in secret cash
Ten years ago, Trump’s campaign manager warned of a rigged election — in Ukraine
Republicans Got Totally Scammed By Donald Trump’s Creation Myth

I also mine articles for links to new articles. In reading one of the preceding article, I found a link to this article:

Donald Trump's Ghost-Writer Tells All

No comments: