Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tuesday Roundup: "Four Mistakes Leaders Make When Handling Conflict" and More


Four Mistakes Leaders Make When Handling Conflict

Conflict is going to happen. After sin entered the world through the disobedience of Adam and Eve, God told Eve that the relationship with her husband would no longer be perfect: “Your desire will be for your husband, yet he will rule over you” (Genesis 3:16). Scholars have pointed out that the same wording of desire and ruling is used in the following chapter to describe Cain’s relationship to sin (Genesis 4:7). So often conflict in our relationships with one another is the result of sin.... Read More

What to Do When You Get Discouraged

Whenever I get discouraged, I head straight to Nehemiah. This great leader of ancient Israel understood there were four reasons for discouragement in ministry. Read More

Things I Have Learned about Corporate Worship

AAlmost 35 years ago, I began pastoring my first church. I remember planning worship services, typing the order of worship, and praying the worship would go well. Since then, I’ve realized how little I knew about corporate worship at the time. Here are 10 things I’ve learned about worship since then. Read More

How Churches Can Pray More Effectively – Rainer on Leadership #191 [Podcast]

On today’s episode, Thom Rainer and Jonathan Howe cover seven points regarding prayer in the local church including how best to incorporate prayer into worship services, how to pray, and the use of catalytic prayer events. Read More

What Are the Top Evangelistic Churches Doing That Mine Is Not?

Here’s a quick summary of what makes a Top Evangelistic Church. We find in each case.... Read More

Once Again on Wheaton and Worshiping the Same God

We have quite a few Wheaton alumni in our church, and we seem to send one or two high school graduates off to Wheaton every year. Recently, I got an email from one of our students at Wheaton. The email had a number of good questions (he’s a very bright you man), all having to do with the current controversy over whether Muslims and Christians (and Jews) worship the same God. I thought it might be worthwhile, with is permission, to post my brief letter on my blog. Read More

0.0% of Icelanders 25 years or younger believe God created the world, new poll reveals

Iceland seems to be on its way to becoming an even more secular nation, according to a new poll. Read More

No comments: