Friday, October 16, 2015

The biggest lie we tell ourselves: I'm a good person


I don't have children, but I've been around enough of my friends' babies and toddlers to know two things. First – they're amazing. The way their tiny fingers and toes are crafted. The way a baby smiles and giggles long before she can talk. The joy of discovering the world anew through the eyes of a toddler and his 10,000 questions...

The second thing I know about kids is this: they're selfish, demanding, manipulative and a whole lot of hard work.

For me, these two sides sum up not just children, but all of us. We are each fearfully and wonderfully made and created 'imago dei' – in the image of God. But each of us has the capacity for incredible selfishness and self-centredness – which we often act upon. Read more

No comments: