Thursday, August 13, 2015

I Want a Bigger Bible


In recent years, evangelicals have been pushing for racial reconciliation, multi-ethnic congregations, and greater diversity among leaders and institutions. We know that part of our witness to the gospel is our reconciled relationships as God’s people – redeemed by the blood of Jesus and now called to have Christ’s mind as we seek unity.

All good.

But it’s difficult to get excited about “reconciliation” and “diversity” in the abstract, especially if we aren’t close friends with anyone from another ethnicity or culture.

So, let me offer another reason why we should be excited about growing diversity within evangelicalism: Our Bible will get bigger.

One reason I want to see racial reconciliation, multi-ethnic congregations, and greater diversity among evangelicals is because I want more of the Bible. And every time I get to know people from other cultures and backgrounds, my Bible grows. I see new things. I get new angles into the truth of God’s inspired Word. I find new treasures.

Every single time. Keep reading

No comments: