Tuesday, June 30, 2015

A Small Church Welcome


My life was changed by the pastor of a 20-person church in London. That small church is where I was first mentored and developed as a disciple of Jesus, so I’m appreciative of the small church. Even though that church was small, I know they never stopped praying for new people to come to Jesus through them. They were small, with a very large missional heart.

In fact, I found that congregation by a simple sandwich board sign on the sidewalk in front of the church. It read, “Bible Study Inside Today 12:00 p.m. Everyone welcome!” It was a time when I was searching and had even bought a small Bible. I saw the sign and thought, “I have a Bible. I wonder what’s in there.” So I opened the door and peeked in to see three elderly people sitting in a circle. I wanted to say, “Oops! Sorry, wrong building,” and leave. But the pastor, who was 82 years old, looked up with a twinkle-eyed glance and asked, “Here for the study?” and I couldn’t say no. So I sat down, without them judging me for my hair, my clothing or my punk band lifestyle. They took me into their small church community and my life was changed as a result. Keep reading

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow! Though it's small, it's really adorable and wonderfully built. For expanding it for having making it a bigger, Effective church loan in USA is a great idea.