Thursday, May 21, 2015

Resourcing the Small Church Experience


Be Your Own Church

It is amazing to me that large churches try to mimic small churches by focusing on small group ministry, while smaller churches try to emulate large church programs. I think H. B. London said it best when he said, “Bloom where you are planted.” Instead of trying to be what you are not, know what you do well and do it well. Too many pastors try to adapt to the new family who shows up on Sunday because they need the numbers. As a small church pastor, I know who we are as a church and what we do well. I do not excuse or apologize for who we are. I know what we do, why we do it, and how we do ministry. I try to find out what they need and then be honest with them about how we can minster to them. If we cannot meet their specific needs, then I help them find a church to meet their needs. Keep reading

No comments: