Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Debunking Ministry Myths – Part 2


A myth is “an unproved or false collective belief that is used to justify a social institution.” Several of the assumptions I embraced at one time about ministry have turned out to be “unproven or false.” Many of these myths hold fragments of truth, but eventually break down on the frontlines of ministry.

Last week I asked my pastor friends on Twitter to submit ministry myths that they experienced, which I included with my own. Last week we debunked these myths: pastors only work one day a week; pastors are on call 24/7; pastors can’t befriend members; missionaries live somewhere you don’t; statistics about pastors must be true. My desire to debunk these myths is fueled by a love for pastors and desire for them to lead healthy lives and ministries. Keep reading

Also see
Debunking Ministry Myths 

Photo credit: Pixabay, public domain

No comments: