Tuesday, December 30, 2014

When Someone Mystery-Worships Your Church


A number of years ago, a college classmate contacted me to see if I would be willing to serve as a mystery-shopper for Seiko watches. His marketing firm had with a contract to see that salespeople in jewelry stores put Seiko ahead of the competition. So, I would enter a store and tell the clerk “I’m looking for a man’s watch in a medium price range.” If I was taken immediately to the Seiko display, I’d say, “Congratulations. I’m the Seiko mystery shopper and you just won 10 dollars.” (This was back with 10 dollars was maybe 25.) Then, I’d get their signature and fill out a report. For each store, I was paid 5 dollars.

Mostly I did it for the fun of it.

A few weeks ago, when we mentioned mystery worshipers on this website, a number of readers wondered if I had a list of questions for people enlisted for this role. I didn’t.

But now I do. Read more

No comments: