Thursday, November 21, 2013

Rick Warren: 18 Ways to Motivate Yourself In Ministry


When it comes to ministry leadership, I don’t focus on trying to motivate other people. I worry about motivating me, and if I’m motivated it will be contagious. This is true in any area of ministry. Your duty is not necessarily to motivate others. But if you stay motivated, people will catch your enthusiasm. They will catch your vision.

1 Corinthians 15:58 says, “Always give yourself fully to the work of the Lord because you know that your labor is not in vain.” I spend most of the weeks of the year preparing to preach multiple services on the weekend, plus writing and all of the other speaking opportunities that come along. I have to continually come up with material that is fresh and powerful and practical and witty and useful in people’s lives, and that’s a burden, but I manage to stay motivated. This list isn’t deeply theological – it’s just practical, usable advice. Keep reading

Illustration: The Little Engine That Could

No comments: