Monday, October 21, 2013

Thom Rainer: The Millennials Are Rejecting Fighting Churches and Christians


“I went to a business meeting at that church. I’m never going back.”

His name is Kevin. He is a 29-year-old man from Kentucky. Kevin, by his own admission, is not a Christian.

“Something made me visit that church,” he told me. “I’m not sure what it was, but I know now it was a big mistake.”

Kevin told me how he one day on a whim decided to go to a business meeting in the church he had visited for four weeks. He also told me how he was “blown away” by the petty disagreements and harsh language in the meeting. He was saddened to listen to one man speak in deep anger to someone else. That man was his small group leader.

“I felt like I was at a playground fight with six-year olds,” he told us. “Boy did I make a mistake visiting a church.”  Keep reading

No comments: