Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Chuck Lawless: 8 Commitments for Bible Study Leaders


I love teaching, especially when I’m privileged to lead studies from the Word of God. To be frank, though, teaching frightens me. It frightens me because teachers will be held to a stricter judgment (James 3:1). We have great responsibility, and with that responsibility comes accountability.

I am surprised, though, how little attention churches give to securing Bible study leaders and holding them accountable. Below are eight covenant commitments I would want them to affirm as they serve in the local church.... Keep reading
While the commitments are the same, the role of leader in a small group Bible study differ from that of leader in a Bible class. The small group Bible study leader's role is to facilitate; on the other hand, the Bible class leader's role is to teach. 

No comments: