Thursday, December 20, 2012

Do You Want to Grow Leaders?


I’ll never forget being thrown into the fire as a young leader. When I had to end the employment of the first person…then the second, as a 20 year old, I was overwhelmed with the weight of those decisions, even though I knew they were the right ones to make. Telling someone they no longer have a job is excruciatingly painful. I’m thankful for the people who walked through them with me, but I’m also glad they allowed me to experience that weight of leadership for myself.

The best leadership principles I’ve learned didn’t come from a book. They didn’t come from my master’s degree in leadership or my seminary master’s. They came while doing. They came while making the mistakes, making the decisions, living the stress of leadership. Read more

Read also:
Why Leadership is Really Stewardship
Roll Tide: 10 things I learned about leadership from College Football
Leadership Means "Learnership"
How Jesus spotted a leader in a short little crook

No comments: