Saturday, October 20, 2012

'Vote for biblical values,' Billy Graham ad says


Billy Graham, in a national advertising campaign launched Oct. 18, calls on Americans to "vote for biblical values" as they cast ballots in the upcoming election.

A full-page ad in Thursday's Wall Street Journal and Friday's USA Today featured the legendary evangelist's picture beside a block of text stating:

"The legacy we leave behind for our children, grandchildren and this great nation is crucial. As I approach my 94th birthday, I realize this election could be my last. I believe it is vitally important that we cast our ballots for candidates who base their decisions on biblical principles and support the nation of Israel.

"I urge you to vote for those who protect the sanctity of life and support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and a woman. Vote for biblical values this November 6, and pray with me that America will remain one nation under God."

Graham's name and signature followed the 100-word statement. Read more

No comments: