Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Briefing: Jesus Is …Beyond Fiction



I cannot believe how often educated people pull out the claim that Jesus probably never existed. Except that it’s not PC to say so, it really deserves the title of Old Wives Tale!

Down in my neck of the woods, Gospel for the Gong has been running a “Jesus Is ________.” month of mission. [More info here.]

Jesus once asked his followers, “Who do people say that I am?” and “What about you? Who do you say I am?” (Mark 8:28-29).

We’re using an internet site (jesus-is.org.au), social media, T-shirts, business cards and public preaching at our churches to continue that conversation today. We’re asking people to ‘fill in the blank’ in that sentence above.

So as I said, it astonishes me how boldly people claim “Jesus is fiction”. Read more

No comments: