Monday, September 17, 2012

Seven Common Comments Non-Christians Make About Christians


One of my greatest joys in research is talking to and listening to those who clearly identify themselves as non-Christians. Don't get me wrong. I'm not celebrating their absence of faith in Christ. My joy comes from listening to those who don't believe as I do, so that I might be better equipped to witness to them.

Over the past several years, my research teams and I have interviewed thousands of unchurched non-Christians. Among the more interesting insights I gleaned were those where the interviewees shared with me their perspectives of Christians.

In this article, I group the seven most common types of comments in order of frequency. I then follow that representative statement with a direct quote from a non-Christian. Read these comments and see if you learn some of the lessons I learned. Read more

No comments: