Thursday, March 22, 2012

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos?


I have been asked on a few occasions what does the Bible say about tattoos. Well to be totally upfront and honest with you my readers, I have to say that I am not above prejudice on this matter. However I always try to take my own preferences and tastes and put them on the shelf when I speak about a subject but just in case they spill through in this article, let me just give you a little bit of background about where I come from and from what perspective I am speaking when I speak about what does the Bible say about tattoos.

I grew up at an early age in a very traditional American family that still had the 1950's model of american life. My grandmother could be a very outspoken woman at the time and I clearly remember her saying that tattoos were for sailors and criminals. In those days, basically those were the only people who got tattoos and they were not the type of people she hung around with. Not only that but in that day and age, men were the only ones that even dared get a tattoo. Since we are at least in part a product of our environment and upbringing I still look and view tattoos from the same light. When I see tattoos, I do not see beauty or art but I see sailors and criminals. When I see them on women I see masculinity. I am not attracted to either sailors, criminals or men which is probably a good thing in the long run. :)

So what does the Bible say about Tattoos. Keep reading

No comments: