Monday, January 23, 2012

AMIA: A Guest Perspective on Two Conferences


As I fly home after a week of Winter Conferencing and Sacred Assembling, I have some time to reflect on, as Chairman Murphy says, "What I think I think." I am an AMiA priest of going on 11 years, a former network leader, and a careful observer and listener to both sides in this family squabble and potential "divorce." (I am a "world-class hopeful romantic" to borrow a movie line, but I fear the divorce may already have happened.)

That's what it feels like after all is said and done. I haven't actually decided if the divorce is final yet, but there are going to have to be some big changes for repentant words and reconciliation to turn into restoration. And there is alot more, as with any family dysfunction, that is not seen than is seen publicly. I am convinced however, that love actually does "cover a multitude of sins" so you won't find any expose' here. To read more, click here.

2 comments:

Charlie J. Ray said...

I'm looking forward to reading your own reflections on the conference, Robin. According to George Conger the divorce has already been finalized.

Charlie J. Ray said...

Of course, George could be wrong.