Monday, November 15, 2010

Connecting through church camps


Last week I addressed the new Mission Areas leaders of our Diocese to discuss the place of church camps as a tool for mission in our community.

In my presentation I made that point that our church houseparties (as we commonly refer to them) are often considered to be events that primarily develop community, rather than outreach.

Yet, thinking that defines an activity of the church as achieving only evangelism or discipleship is unnecessarily narrow.

To read more, click here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Robin. I like your blog and would enjoy running some questions by you if you're up for it. I didn't see any way to contact you on the blog, short of posting a comment. If you're willing, would you contact me through my website www.NwAnglican.org? Pardon the imposition; I'm hesitant to publicly post my email address. Hope to hear from you. Thanks
Aaron+