Wednesday, June 09, 2010

How to improve your music ministry by 300% in 3 weeks


A simple but controversial idea

Church music is hard work. Even experienced musicians find it challenging to perform such a variety of songs, to such a high standard, with so little time to practice. For inexperienced musicians, the stress is enormous, and doubtless contributes to the high burnout rate we see in this area.

When I was made music director at my church, I introduced a small reform that radically reduced the pressure on my music team. Most directors try to provide maximum variety in song selection from week to week. However, it occurred to me that people happily listen to the same songs day after day on FM radio, suggesting we have a higher tolerance for repetition than some may suspect


To read more, click here.

No comments: