Monday, February 01, 2010

Bishop Mouneer Anis resigns from Standing Committee of Anglican Communion


http://www.dioceseofegypt.org/english/sites/default/files/Bishop%20Mouneer%27s%20Resignation%20from%20the%20ACC.pdf

[The Episcopal/Anglican Diocese of Egypt] 1 Feb 2009--After much prayer and consideration, I hereby submit my resignation from the Standing Committee of the Anglican Communion (SCAC). I have come to realize that my presence in the current SCAC has no value whatsoever and my voice is like a useless cry in the wilderness. Having said that, I must say that since I joined the committee in 2007 I have learnt quite a lot and made friends who may disagree with me whom I appreciate very much and I will miss.

...I have come to the sad realization that there is no desire within the ACC and the SCAC to follow through on the recommendations that have been taken by the other Instruments of Communion to sort out the problems which face the Anglican Communion and which are tearing its fabric apart. Moreover, the SCAC, formerly known as the join Standing Committee (JSC), has continually questioned the authority of the other Instruments of Communion, especially the Primates Meeting and the Lambeth Conference.

To read Bishop Anis' entire letter of resignation, click here.

No comments: