Friday, June 06, 2008

Statement from Archbishop Peter Jensen re GAFCON and Lambeth

http://www.standfirminfaith.com/index.php/site/article/13081/

[Stand Firm] 6 June 2008--It is not long now before I leave for the Jerusalem Conference. I am immensely grateful for the support and prayers of so many of you. I'm looking forward to meeting with the leaders representing 35 million Anglicans across 27 different countries and it is my hope that God will give us wisdom during our time together. As we look to the future of this great communion of churches, I am praying that we will maintain the highest level of unity possible. I have just written to the Archbishop of Canterbury to assure him of my prayers for him and for the success of the Lambeth Conference. We have different views on how best to see the future of the Anglican Communion at this time. But we are at one in seeking its good health and doing what can be done to make sure that the turmoil created by those who have set aside fundamental Christian teaching does not destroy it. On the contrary, our aim should be to see it united as never before in the service of Christ in this world. I am praying that both the Lambeth Conference and the Jerusalem Conference will help achieve that goal. Will you join me in your intercessions?

No comments: