Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Current State of the Anglican Communion:

http://anglicancommunioninstitute.com/content/view/123/1/

[Anglican Communion Institute] 18 Dec 2007--As some of you may know, Africa is a large continent. It has over 50 nation states and covers 30 million square kilometers, with a population of over three quarters of a billion. There are 12 Anglican Provinces in Africa (or national churches, each with a Primate) and the Diocese of Egypt. These form what is known as the Council of Anglican Provinces in Africa (CAPA). Though I have had the privilege to serve on one of the CAPA Boards (2002-2006), and to meet all the Primates of CAPA twice in Dar es Salaam (September 2005 and February 2007), I am not a CAPA spokesperson. Equally, though I am a member of the Anglican Consultative Council since 2005, I am not a spokesperson for the Anglican Communion. Therefore the reflections that I want to offer are personal, but I believe that they represent the general position of the Anglican Church of Tanzania and hopefully the Church in Africa.

No comments: