Thursday, September 27, 2007

Clarity, please -- and my own "radical solution"

http://inclusivechurch.blogspot.com/2007/09/clarity-please-and-my-own-radical.html

[Inclusive Church blog] 27 Sep 2007--Not too long before the House of Bishops began to meet, Kendall Harmon made this plea:

So let the TEC leaders have the courage of their convictions and say what they actually believe before God and the global Anglican leaders. If they fail to do so, where is the justice in that?

I'm in full agreement with Kendall here. Too often, we progressives in ECUSA have been willing to duck behind polity or otherwise obscure our actions. The bishops needs to acknowledge their authority and their responsibility. (I read a great blog posting about this last week, which I can't find just now.)

No comments: