Saturday, September 29, 2007

A Clarification on my Response to the Secretary-General’s Statement: Michael Poon

http://www.globalsouthanglican.org/index.php/comments/a_clarification_on_my_response_to_the_secretary_generals_statement/

[Global South Anglican] 29 Sep 2007--First, I wish to clarify that my response is not meant to be a personal attack on Canon Kenneth Kearon. My reference to the “heart of darkness” refers to a pervasive mentality in some parts in our Communion, which takes a view that the “post-liberal” outlook is superior, and should be enforced to the rest of the world. The title “Heart of Darkness” comes from Joseph Conrad’s critique on a similar European “civilising project” in Congo a hundred years ago. As I suggested in my response, all (both East and West) are prone to such outlook. I do apologize to Canon Kearon for any misunderstanding I caused.

No comments: