Monday, April 30, 2007

Break-away Anglican church growing in Fairfield

http://kennebecjournal.mainetoday.com/news/local/3860298.html

[Kennebec Journal] 30 Apr 2007--Retired educator and self-described dirt farmer Larry Morse of Manchester was not always a man of Christian faith.

"I was without a church for years," he said. "I was a skeptic, a doubter, a rationalist."
But, as a thinker, too, Morse said it eventually became clear to him that there was intelligent design to the world around him.

Morse said he turned to the Holy Trinity Anglican Church, a tradition-rooted assembly established in 2004 and opened in 2005 on Ten Lots Road in Fairfield.

"I have looked at the world, and it is clear that God has made it," Morse said. "If deity exists, then you may pursue that logically and you conclude that faith makes real sense. Once it was clear to me that that was sound judgment, then it was clear I had to go and find a church that was congruent with what I had come to understand."

Holy Trinity, a denomination of the Traditional Anglican Communion, is housed in the Asa Bates Memorial Chapel, built in 1909 on Ten Lots Road as a Baptist Church.

No comments: