Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Disciplining the Episcopal Church not realistic" by Nicholas Henderson

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3166

[VirtueOnline] October 24, 2005--I would like to begin this evening with an apology or more precisely, in the spirit of Newman, the 19th century Tractarian, an apologia pro vita sua as written originally in 1864. I hope that this doesn't sound too grand, for I haven't really got much in common with Newman (thank God) at all but I mean that since submitting my original title for this evening's talk, I have moved along, I've changed. What was in essence the working title of a proposed doctoral thesis has developed into something at once more specifically Anglican and more contemporary, in that it deals with issues that are currently troubling the Church (not only the Anglican Church) and ideas which as yet unformed on the anvil of questionnaire and rigorous analysis.

No comments: