Friday, August 26, 2005

Rick Warren: The Episcopal Church Should Welcome You!

http://www.virtueonline.org/portal/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2922

[VirtueOnline] August 25, 2005--My jaw dropped when I heard the news. Just days ago I heard that Rick Warren, of Saddleback Church fame...and Purpose Driven Life fame...was coming to a conference for the Anglican Communion Network. (November 10-12 in Pittsburgh) When my friend mentioned that Warren was headlining the conference, I thought "How did they get him to even look twice at the invitation?" Some, who live under rocks and beneath bridges might not know who this Baptist, Hawaiian shirted pastor is. Some, like the uninformed David Virtue, have criticized it unfairly. But I think it is a tremendous achievement...and I hope he shakes things up. (I am out of the country on those dates; otherwise I would most certainly be there.)

No comments: